1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StefiEloff, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StefiEloff

StefiEloff Thread Starter

I really need help! I have a gaming pc, and the last couple of days I've been getting the bsod. First it was the 01e error, now it's the 01a error. I ran a memory management scan, first scan picked up a hardware issue, second scan came back with no issues. Pc works fine for couple of days and then the issues start all over again. Drivers are up to date. I haven't tested my ram manually yet. What should I do? I am not exactly savvy with pc's. But will take any help I can get!

Attached Files:

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go download memtest86 iso file. https://www.memtest86.com/ Right click on iso file and choose Burn disk image. ( to a blank CD/DVD ) Then boot with it and let it run for 4 hours. Sometimes it will show an error very soon and you can stop then. But other times it takes several hours for it to detect problems. Anyways, if a problem is found, you remove all RAM sticks, and insert back one at a time. Then rum memtest again on that one stick. If that stick does not fail in 4 hours, try the next RAM stick until you find which one is bad.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice