Bsod

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

weequayx

Hello, I have recently been getting a "blue screen of death" or windows crash screen and have been trying to get a solution. I was running a computer game several days ago and began to notice crackling in the speakers every now and then and became concerned. When out of no where the game crashes and I get a blue screen thats says stop: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer and it goes on to sya a bunch of other crap and at the bottom the technical code for the error reads 0x0000009c (0x00000004 0x8053FAf0 0xB2000000 0x00070F0F. I decided the best way to go would be a re-installation of windows. But anyways I reinstall windows and begin installing the programs given to me by my computer supplier through a support disk and after I am finished I decide to try the game out again, I get to the main menu and my speakers start whining and then I am back to that blue screen the same exact one. I've read about this problem on the Internet and it says that one usual cause is overclocking, but I have all my BIOS settings default and I have a 32oo mb processor and it reads 3200+~2000 which I assume means running at 2000 mb ??? But anyways I have try ed reinstalling windows a few times and trying different things but nothing seems to work. and I get the blue screen randomly it seems now. But anyways a solution would be greatly appreciated Thx alot.

BSODs usually are caused by bad hardware or bad device drivers. Most likely, you have a problem with your video card, sound card, or RAM.

weequayx

I'm pretty sure its my sound card, I reinstalled windows and I install the drivers from my support cd. But I also got a sound blaster audigy 2 ZS cd with my computer. I have tryed to install it but my computer still dosn't detect it. Could this be the problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!