1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bsod

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Leaker, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leaker

Leaker Thread Starter

im on a compaq evo desktop computer. running windows xp sp2

when i plug in my wireless adapter as soon as i plug it in my computer crashes and the BSOD comes up. memory dump etc etc

it shows this: STOP (0x0000007e, 0xc0000005 0xf997b8e4)

no clue whats wrong. my warranty expired so compaq cant help. linksys says to call compaq.

i dont know wat to do

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

3. Leaker

Leaker Thread Starter

STOP (0x0000007e, 0xc0000005 0xf997b8e4)

that is wat it says. and i looked on google and it says nothing helpful for me.

its the usual BSOD screen "computer was restarted to protect your computer" etc etc

then on the middle says STOP (0x0000007e, 0xc0000005 0xf997b8e4)

then at the bottom its memory dumping

4. The Hound

The Hound

This is a USB wireless adapter, right?

Is it powered (from the wall)?

Also--is there a file name in the BSOD?? like xxxxx.sys ?

5. NobleGeek

NobleGeek

Try to download The Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) Primer from here It opens as a pdf file in ur browser. Click on 'save a copy' to save it.

Aumha Site is also a very good resource, which gives solutions to most BSOD's.
    You can also get your BSOD auto-analysed at the Microsoft® Online Crash Analysis. If you experience a Blue Screen crash event, or Stop error, while using Microsoft Windows, you can upload the error report to this site for analysis.

More at source.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice