1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bsod :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daaisy, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daaisy

Daaisy Thread Starter

It's been really hard to pin point this issue, it seems to happen during all sorts of things now. First of all I started to get a BSOD when streaming videos in google chrome, the CPU would spike up to about 10 ish percent, the sound would play all jittery and then the PC would crash. I then stopped using chrome and simply went back to explorer just to test things out, it seemed to be fairly ok for about a day but then it started to happen again. Today it crashed just after starting up the PC, I was just browsing explorer on things like hotmail and it BSOD :S. It also doesn't always BS, sometimes it just locks up and then restarts after about 5 minutes.

Here's my spec:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 12279 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480, 1536 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 713720 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Rampage III GENE, Rev 1.xx, 106835570000041
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled
    The errors that have been coming up on the blue screens are Machine_check_exception and Uncorrectable_hardware_error. I've also saved this from todays BS:

BCCode: 124
    BCP1: 0000000000000000
    BCP2: FFFFFA800AD2C8F8
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

It's a brand new PC and I'm really frustrated with it now, I really don't want to have to wipe my hard drive because I've got a hell of a lot of work to do and I don't want to lose all of my programs :(. I don't think it's a RAM problem, to me it seems like it may be hard drive related or something to do with my CPU, possibly drivers but I've tried to get all of those up to date. After looking into it a bit on the internet at first I thought it could be a driver for my on board sound card but seeing as it's happened without playing and kind of video or sound now I'm not so sure. But I know **** about Hardware really so my opinion counts for nothing hehe.

I should probably add, it seems to be fine with games so far, it doesn't BS everytime I stream videos, infact it only does it about 10% of the time. I've also done virus scans and things like that.

I hope that's everything! I really hope one of you can help :) Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice