1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD'd after move. Now no signal

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by KarlPoppa05, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KarlPoppa05

KarlPoppa05 Thread Starter

Hello. I recently moved, and after I was getting multiple BSOD's. Mostly Memory Management and Page Fault in NonPaged Area. My system crashed multiple times, including during startup. Now, my monitor is receiving no signal from GPU or if I try it from the motherboard itself. It powers on, all fans turn, lights on motherboard light up. However, my keyboad and mouse do not light up, but I think that may be because it isn't even loading bios. I also hear a periodic clicking sound that I cannot seem to place where it is coming from, and do not recall hearing it before, although I admit it wasn't something I was paying attention for before. I opened the case, blew it out and reseated the RAM. I'm not sure what to do. Most of the support I can find is all assuming I can get into the bios, which I cannot. Thank you for any help provided. I will do my best to answer any questions.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If the clicking sound is coming from the hard drive(HDD), it's probably failing and needs to be replaced.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  3. KarlPoppa05

KarlPoppa05 Thread Starter

Understandable, however my boot drive with Windows is an SSD, and doesn't seem to be coming from that. I have another larger SSD for games, and then an HDD for media. Would the HDD failing cause my PC to have these boot problems? I thought that the clicking may be coming from the HDD, but would that cause the problems I'm having? I appreciate the response.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't say in post #1 that your computer has 3 internal storage drives, and that 2 of them are solid state drives(SSD), so I assumed it has a single hard drive(HDD).

If your computer was moved from one home to another, it's possible that something got dislodged or damaged.

I'm not a hardware/diagnostic expert, so someone else here who is will need to help you.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice