1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOD's, freezes and more

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Shezarock, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shezarock

Shezarock Thread Starter

Roll up, roll up, completely free access to one poor sod's long list of strange Windows happenings!

Basically, I re-installed Windows about a month ago. Since then, stuff's been going wrong.

Take your pick:
    Random BSOD's
    Mouse & Keyboard freezes, requires restart
    Screen freeze
    Random screen "drops" (black screen for a few seconds, like Nvidia driver stopped and re-started)

System Specs:
    128GB SSD
    1.5TB HDD + 2TB External HDD
    6GB DDR3 RAM
    MSI GTX 560Ti HAWK
    Nvidia Driver 285.62

Latest BSOD crash report:
    http://ats-host.co.uk/personal/report_11.html

One I had just under a month ago (would be just after the re-install I reckon)
    http://ats-host.co.uk/personal/report.html

Things I have already tried:
    Memory test (passed, no errors)

Those that dare to help... will receive great thanks and a free coffee

2. HCD

HCD

Symptoms are VERY likely to be driver related. You don't specify manuf./self-build...If it is manuf. then go to downlaods and get latest drivers...if it is self-build you will have to do a lot of manual searching. This link might help

3. HCD

HCD

PS...Don't need a coffee...am gonna have a quiet beer (or 2!) tomorrow! Hope it helps

4. Shezarock

Shezarock Thread Starter

Hey (I'm from Surrey too!)

It's a self build (essentially, ordered it off a website that custom-built it out of parts for me, I've upgraded it a lot).

I can't think of any hardware that's new that caused the problem befor emy Windows re-install. I've rolled back my Nvidia drivers to one that is apparently known to work (GTX 560's experience a lot of issues apparently) so I will see if it works. Done the RAM check, and I don't think I can disable the driver specified in the log file because its a key system file or something. If it still goes wrong despite these drivers I'll attempt a few more things they recommend.

Thanks for your help.

5. HCD

HCD

Watch out for any overclocking...'cos that often produces a false positive on drivers.

6. Shezarock

Shezarock Thread Starter

Yup, I haven't over clocked (yet). Thought my GTX 560 HAWK is factory OC'd to 950Mhz..

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice