BSOD's. Phenom II 965BE not stable at stock settings?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

imnotacable

Hello

I recently started getting BSOD's when gaming. I thought my OC's had gone unstable for some reason, so I reseted bios to default settings.
However, that didn't help.

I ran Memtest and it passed with no errors.
I also ran Furmark and that didn't crash the computer.
Then I ran Prime95... Computer crashed within 5 minutes.

What the heck. Is my CPU faulty? It has always been very bad overclocker, but it was stable at 3.8GHz, CPU voltage 1.475v
My motherboard is Asus M4A785TD-M EVO.
It has worked several months with those settings.

I have noticed that if I had Cool and Quiet on, it would sometimes drop the cpu frequency to 800MHz even in load. I disabled it and no more drops.

Btw, yesterday after one of the first BSOD's the computer wouldn't POST at all - had to reboot two times to get it boot again.

take a look and see if any minidumps have been created

you will find them here They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Copy the last 3 to another location put them in a folder and compress the folder zip or Rar and Go Advanced in your post then Manage Attachments and post them

Note Do not try to compress them until you have copied them to somewhere else.

Can you try and set everything to normal and stop overclocking and see if the problem persists.

Probably caused by : win32k.sys

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe

imnotacable

Yeah as I said in the first post I reseted bios to normal settings, still got BSOD's.

Understan...

You said "it would sometimes drop the cpu frequency to 800MHz even in load" that usually means the CPU is running too hot and it will lower it to try and protect it. But if it has overheat a lot it maybe the CPU

imnotacable

Understan...

You said "it would sometimes drop the cpu frequency to 800MHz even in load" that usually means the CPU is running too hot and it will lower it to try and protect it. But if it has overheat a lot it maybe the CPU
That was only with Cool and Quiet enabled.
In my opinion it wasn't overheating - about 40C idle and 56C in load (overclocked temps.)

imnotacable

I highly appreciate your help.I'm sorry if you got another picture from me.
I ran memtest for 1 hour and it passed with no errors. I will run it overnight to see if I get different results with longer test.
CrystalDiskInfo says that my HDD health is good and no errors.

Understood..... when you say it wouldn't post after a crash what exactly did it do?

imnotacable

I powered it off normally and powered on again. Waited for a while, fans ran at 100% speed and no beeps or post. Then I powered it off again and powered on, same thing happened.

At third powerup it booted normally.

imnotacable

Less than a week old. It is a Corsair AX850 (yeah I know it's overkill). Got it as warranty replacement.

I think it did this with old PSU (XFX 550W) too, but I didn't "notice" it since I haven't really played any games for long time...

Ok...I know you tested your HDD but a check disk might help eliminate the file system

Command Prompt type chkdsk /r click Enter Note there is a space between chkdsk and /r

You will be asked if you want a check disk to run on next startup click Y and then press Enter

Restart your PC

It will run in 5 sections please do not interrupt it let it finish.

Looks like a process of elimination

imnotacable

OK, done that. My Windows is not english however, so the log is not in english...
I will start running Memtest now, I will run it overnight, will post results tomorrow.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online