1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BSOrDer

Discussion in 'Games' started by Speiso, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Speiso

Speiso Thread Starter

Hello everyone! I'll try to keep it short, although it all started almost half a year ago.

Back then my specs were as follows:
    IntelCore i5-4670
    ASUS B85-PLUS
    GIGABYTE GTX660
    8GB DDR (1 stick)
    Windows 8.1

Introduction to the Blue Screen Of Death

Me, I'm a casual gamer myself, so at that time I've been casually playing PUBG with an average of 1 kill per game and at some point my PC just started bluescreening. If I recall correctly it usually said "Memory Management" or "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area" though I've seen lots of other errors since then.
    So, I called some tech guy who scammed me (I was a fool to trust him). Nevertheless, he was kind enough to re-install windows and the problem actually seemed to disappear... only to reoccur on the next day or so.
    I chose to live with it for the time being, since BSOD only occured when I was playing. Alas, things were getting worse and I decided to reinstall windows again, this time myself, but BSOD ambushed me during the installation process. Unnerved, I went to the local store and bought new 8GB RAM stick. Changing RAM seemed to help, but again, it was only a matter of time...

When the problem emerged anew I took both my RAM sticks and went to the same store and asked the staff to check if they are working. I'm better off bringing the whole thing, they said accepting my request.
    Results of memory check which I only received verbally stated that the old stick is bad and the new one is good.
    Confused, I brought there the whole thing. After a week a repair guy finally showed up and said that my PC seems to be working fine. Pleased to hear that I decided to make few upgrades, since my PC was in the store anyway. So, I had him install me 128GB SSD (I only had 2Tb HDD) and ASUS GTX 1050TI, also changed a cooler and bought a new surge protector.
    Almost immediately after I brought my PC back home it started bluescreening once more. It was also getting worse hour by hour and in a few days I couldn't even start it. I decided to go hard this time and bought a new motherboard, processor and RAM stick, since I required DDR4.

Still struggling

Here are my specs as of now according to this site:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 8134 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 118 GB (71 GB Free); D: 1863 GB (1659 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., B360M BAZOOKA (MS-7B24)
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

You'd expect it to work, right? Not gonna happen.
    Sure, I've only encountered BSOD while trying to launch PUBG (both times it read PageFaultInNonpagedArea). Probably it requires more RAM to run, though it is still strange.
    Well, who cares about PUBG, but other games crashed too, especially when I had my browser working. It seems as the CPU can't handle more than one process at a time, I dont know.
    I can say for sure though that when I've been downloading smth today at 9MB/s speed i had huge lags, like, the monitor was freezing for about a minute and the "download %" bar was changing once per minute, each time growing by about 1GB. There's also something wrong with the sound I believe.

Last words (Please help me)

Sorry if my narrative is discursive and uninformative, there are too many details and I'm not even sure which are actually important. I'm writing this in the middle of a night and I'm really tired of all this. I'm almost broke and my PC still performs poorly. Please, feel free to ask for any detail and I will gladly elaborate. Thank you in advance for any advice or condolence.

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
  3. Speiso

Speiso Thread Starter

Sorry, but this app doesn't seem to be working for me. Small black window opens for a second and closes right after. I dont see any new files too

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Not sure why. Try the following then

Minidump files:
    Click on Start menu
    Type in command to start searching
    Right click on Command Prompt in list and select Run as Administrator
    Copy and Paste the following command into the command console
    This will create a new Minidumps folder on your Desktop and copy any of your minidump files into it.
    Compress the Minidump folder to .zip file and upload to your reply

MD "%userprofile%\desktop\Minidumps"&
    If Exist "%SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp" copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Minidumps"

5. Speiso

Speiso Thread Starter

This I can do. Made this one for the occasion since the minidump folder was empty, probably because I used CCleaner

Attached Files:

6. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Thanks. I will analyze it by tom afternoon.

Disable the following options if you are using CCleaner or other similar cleaning tools if still using.

• Memory Dumps
    • Windows Log Files
    • Windows Error Reporting

7. Speiso

Speiso Thread Starter

Thank you. I know it suggests a faulty RAM but I doubt it's the case.

8. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    It looks like the most likely cause is the following driver. Look for any updates or uninstall and test.

BEDaisy.sys
    BattleEye anti-cheat driver

Initially released on 8 January 2015
    http://www.battleye.com/download.html

The following driver is pretty old and may be worth updating to prevent future issues:

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 02:54:47 2012 (5034AC67)
    Asus PCProbe Utility http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
    http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys

Code:
    BugCheck 50, {fffff800a2b2b460, 10, fffff800a2b2b460, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BEDaisy.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BEDaisy.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
    Probably caused by : BEDaisy.sys ( BEDaisy+24e431 )

9. Speiso

Speiso Thread Starter

Will do this tomorrow, thank you. What about the lags I'm experiencing when downloading files at high speed? And other games crashing? I'll see if I can find some crash report tomorrow maybe

10. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I also see that Driver Verifier was enabled on this dump so make sure to Disable when testing. Lets get rid of the BSOD's first and see if it helps and then will troubleshoot other issues.

11. Speiso

Speiso Thread Starter

I've deleted BattleEye driver and was able to run the game (i bet i'm gonna be banned). Couldn't find any updates or anything concerning the second driver you've mentioned... Probably it's a remnant of my old motherboard. Anyway, thanks for the support. I'll see if anything else comes up

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  12. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Great. Keep me updated then.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice