1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BT Home Hub Daisy Chain issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JCalleja91, May 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCalleja91

JCalleja91 Thread Starter

Evening all,

After a bit of assistance. Used to work in IT a while back ut this issue has really stumped me.

I have two BT Home Hub 5s.

One of them is the master Hub in my lounge. This has a long Ethernet cable running too my summer house where my 'office' (man cave) is.

For a long time I ran my PC off this ethernet with no issues. But when i got my second router through i decided to daisy chain them so i could use wireless devices down in the summer house also.

I found a guide on how to do it which essentially confirmed what I thought.

Plugged in my slave hub direct to my PC, logged in, turned off DHCP and set it on a static IP of 192.168.1.30.

Plugged it in to the master hub and boom, working.

It worked solidly for about a month. I changed nothing in this time when suddenly it started dropping wired connections every 5 - 30 minutes. No time gap was the same.

I also noted that the wireless connections were now disconnected 100% of the time.

I logged into my slave again to double check my settings. After a minute or two of looking at the settings, I would lose connection to the hub, but not be able to reconnect to it without a hard reset.

Totally baffled.. anyone got any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice