1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BT Homenetworking 1800 HG - Help Required

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MWTaylor, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Thread Starter

I just bought a new computer, my previous one was an XP OS and I have another XP OS in the house. The Router is connected to the other computer. My new computer is Vista Home Premium and to connect to the internet I have a 2Wire PC Port Adapter which was given to me by BT. I have setup the Vista internet the same as I did with the XP OS but every hour or so I get disconnected. The 2 lights stay on when I look at the adapter, which means there is a connection to the internet, but I cant load anything up. I have disabled my firewalls and still nothing.

The only think I could think of was the BT Home Networking drivers they have given me are not compatible for Vista. The connection isn't Ethernet. Im using a USB from the router to the main computer then a wire from my phone line to the 2Wire adapter which plugs into the USB port.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice