1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BT Voyager 105 Drivers?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Danbo Daxter, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danbo Daxter

Danbo Daxter Thread Starter

I recently got the "Easy" Install Package for AOL Broadband (Silver). The AOL software (and the crappy browser) works fine, but when I get to installing the drivers for the DSL Modem itself, I encounter something of a hitch.

As soon as I plug in the modem (The driver installation package won't proceed until you do so), Windows XP automatically detects it as A USB LAN Modem and sets up a Local Area Connection, and I can't install the Modem as an actual modem, instead it is installed as a network device. Thus, I cannot get DSL goodness. So, my two questions are this :

1) Is there any way I can disable the Windows XP Automatic Hardware Detection?
    2) Can I download any generic DSL Modem drivers to use with my modem?

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

You can try going to sytem properties>device manager>highlight your modem>properties>update driver>at the wizard choose "choose drivers from list" or something similar instead of "let windows choose". Find the "device" you want from the hardware list that appears and then install the modem drivers for the device you selected. I'm on win98 se so I don't know what differences there are in the dialogue boxes you'll be seeing in winXp but it should be roughly the same I imagine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice