BT voyager USB dsl modem - plug n play problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stokeboy

I m working on a PC running Windows ME with a BT voyager USB dsl modem. Every time I restart the "found new hardware" box is displayed. I install the drivers, reboot and the same thing happens again, again & again......

The modem is not showing in device manager (under modem, network adapters or as unknown) and the "BT Voyager ADSL" applet has not installed in the Control Panel either. When I install the modem on my XP machine it works fine so I don't think its hardware releated.

Any suggestions, this is really anoying!!

Thanks

Hi,

I have BT Business 500 broadband and I get the same problem.

I have an Intel usb modem and its crap. The software dosent work properly. I leave my laptop on to avoid reintsalling it. I would be on anyway so it's not a major problem.

If anyone does knoww how to fix it I would be greatfully greatful (sp i know)

Thanks,
MAtt

stokeboy

This is a different problem. It doesn't install the modem so I can't connect, therefore leaving the machine switched on is not an option.

very frustrated....arggggghhhhhhh!!!!

stokeboy

No firewall or anything else that could stop it that I'm aware of.

I'm clean booting, there are no viruses and I've run spybot & ad-aware and fixed loads of stuff but still not working.

help, anyone?????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online