1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BT voyager USB dsl modem - plug n play problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stokeboy, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stokeboy

stokeboy Thread Starter

I m working on a PC running Windows ME with a BT voyager USB dsl modem. Every time I restart the "found new hardware" box is displayed. I install the drivers, reboot and the same thing happens again, again & again......

The modem is not showing in device manager (under modem, network adapters or as unknown) and the "BT Voyager ADSL" applet has not installed in the Control Panel either. When I install the modem on my XP machine it works fine so I don't think its hardware releated.

Any suggestions, this is really anoying!!

Thanks

2. thecaravanman

thecaravanman

Hi,

I have BT Business 500 broadband and I get the same problem.

I have an Intel usb modem and its crap. The software dosent work properly. I leave my laptop on to avoid reintsalling it. I would be on anyway so it's not a major problem.

If anyone does knoww how to fix it I would be greatfully greatful (sp i know)

Thanks,
    MAtt

3. stokeboy

stokeboy Thread Starter

This is a different problem. It doesn't install the modem so I can't connect, therefore leaving the machine switched on is not an option.

very frustrated....arggggghhhhhhh!!!!

4. Bowler

Bowler

Have you got a firewall, if so, try disabling it.

5. stokeboy

stokeboy Thread Starter

No firewall or anything else that could stop it that I'm aware of.

I'm clean booting, there are no viruses and I've run spybot & ad-aware and fixed loads of stuff but still not working.

help, anyone?????

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217593

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice