BT Voyager2091 wireless loss

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gorg

Hey guys,
My BT Voyager 2091 Wireless ADSL router is no longer functioning wirelessly. Had it over a year, used on my laptop countless times.
I CAN still access the internet via the ethernet cable however.
Checked it is the router by using another wireless receiver (PSP). Can't even find the network, let alone connect.
This has not happened before.
According to the Config Manager the wireless is up and working. The status lights on the front of the router say the same thing.

Bah... i'm guessing it is a case of returning it to our service provider, but it's the holidays and no doubt it wouldn't be exchanged for ages.
Any help is therefore muchly appreciated!;)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Have you checked it with more than one computer? Can the computer that you're trying to connect see any other wireless networks? Have you tried resetting the router to factory defaults and reconfiguring it?

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and post a screenshot of the main page here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Gorg

Cheers for replying!
I have no way of checking the wireless with another computer, but as i mentioned I have attempted to connect to it with my PlayStation Portable, with no results.

Yesterday morning, after the router had been turned off for a number of hours, i was able to access the wireless connection. However, today the connection failed again whilst I was using and have had no connection since.

Here are the results of the scan on my laptop. Nada.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, you need to find someone with a laptop to visit you and test the wireless. Right now we can't tell if it's the computer or the router. :) If you have more than one device that can't find the wireless network, then it's probably the router has died.

Did you power cycle the router?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online