1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Budget Gaming PC's To Sell?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by satanicguardian, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. satanicguardian

satanicguardian Thread Starter

Hey guys, was just browsing ebay looking at pc components and saw how cheap some are getting, if i am not mistaken it is possible to make a decent, overclocked gaming system for around £150-300

Here is one of my possible setups

AMD Sempron 140 2.70GHz
    Asus M4N68T-M LE NForce 630a
    2-4GB DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz
    WD 500GB Sata
    Some type of akasa 600watt ish PSU
    Decent £30 gaming case from ebay
    Any ideas on budget graphics cards? was thinking GTX 260 or maybe less
    oh and dvd drives are dirt cheap now as i believe

This is just a random idea, cause i know a few people looking to buy gaming pc's, was wondering if it would be worth while building them to sell on for a small profit? even if i bought parts in bulk or job lots etc

Any thoughts, ideas, comments or opinions, post please, constructive only please, no flaming :)

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    My personal opinion .... if the PC costs that little, it won't be up to much in the way of gaming. That isn't to say you can't get fairly reasonable machines for that sort of price though, but it all depends on what you want to use it for.

Don't forget the OS aswell, Windows 7 is going to cost another £70+ easy for each machine aswell.

3. prunejuice

prunejuice

Written warranty?
    Cost of Windows license?
    Return policy?

4. satanicguardian

Well tanis i can give options for os, and a decent quality.dual core with a decent overclock will run most games as long as a decent gfx card is there
    And prune, i can sort something out for those 3 things, but i am selling to friends so they most likely wont ask for those things, but im not gonna rip anyone off anyway, especially my friends :p so if they had problems i would sort them

5. satanicguardian

any more thoughts

6. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    :) Depends what you class as a decent graphics card I suppose, that will eat a chunk of your budget and there is no point putting a decent graphics card in if you don't have the other infrastructure components to support it. There are, as always where PCs are concerned, alot of variables included what the end user wants to use the machine for.

As I said that before, this is my opinion :D and I, as a gamers myself, wouldn't buy a machine for that cost and expect to be able to play anything much on it.

I take it you are only looking at the PC box, no peripherals?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice