1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Budget graphic card for AMD FX 4130

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrAlanSmith, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrAlanSmith

MrAlanSmith Thread Starter

My budget is low so its only around £65

I dont play demanding games, My games i play is
    SWTOR/LOL/Mw3/Smite/L4D/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/Dota 2/Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition/Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist/Mafia II/Sims 3/Sims 4 when it comes out/Garrys MOD/Warframe/Tomb Raider/Need 4 speed world/World of warcraft/Star Craft 2/Hearthstone.

My main games are LOL/Dota 2/Smite

Thats the most iv have got on my PC lol.

Thanks.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    What is the exact make and model of the PC you are looking at putting the new GPU in? Assuming you are upgrading a pre-built machine?

What is the exact make and model of the PSU in the machine, this will potentially be a significant limitation on what you can install. If you are upgrading from integrated graphics then your current PSU is quite likely not going to up to the job of any new GPU unfortunately.

3. MrAlanSmith

MrAlanSmith Thread Starter

Its a prebuilt PC, The PSU is Evo labs ATX Switching Power supply 500wat i think

I have a AMD HD 5450 and it sucks!

8GB

2x 500 GB harddrives

Motherboard Asrock N68-VS3 FX

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

From what I can find online, that is a very low end pw supply and as such is not recommended for use with a gaming type card. Good ie recommended brands are as follows; corsair [not builder or cx models only HT, TX, or AX] seasonic, pcpower&cooling, or FSP. In short IF you want a better gaming card, you need a better quality pw supply as well. Add the cost of a quality pw supply to your budget.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1131611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice