1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bugger!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Taski897, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Taski897

Taski897 Thread Starter

I foolishly edited the boot path (yes, I'm stupid like that) and was greeted with the "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuation problem. Could not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and disc hardware." error. I figured out I was supposed to boot up with my XP disc instead, and I did.

But then I got the 0x0000007b 0xf898863c 0xc0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000 stop error. It pops up after it "finishes" loading the windows file. I've restarted numerous times, and it appears at exactly the same spot: after loading the windows file.

I can't do anything except fiddle around in set-up, but I don't know what to do.

I can't do any methods (that I know of) to fix the 0x0000007b error since it just interrupts, and I'd rather not try to change my computer parts. (I havn't moved any of my drives around from computer to computer, it's been fine until now)

Can anybody help?

2. bradly

bradly

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but you messed up the boot record?

If so, go into the recovery console and run the "fixmbr" command.

3. timothye

timothye

so can you still get into windows @ the desktop ?
    if you can get there you can repair the boot file ..
    also maybe this can help you Boot.ini recovery

let us know --
    cheers

4. bradly

bradly

5. Taski897

Taski897 Thread Starter

"Once in the Microsoft Setup menu press R to open the recovery console."

But that's the problem. I realize that I could easily fix it if I could actually get into the Microsoft Setup Menu. I get the windows set-up program up, but after it 'loads' a certain file... (At the bottom, it says things like, "Loading Windows Setup" and "Loading Windows") Windows, actually, I get a stop error. The 0x0000007b one.

And thanks for your replies by the way.

6. bradly

bradly

Hmm... stop errors are usually related to drivers. Unplug any external devices you may have (usb, etc). Try the entering setup again with the cd.

Can you get into safemode?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice