1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bugs causing memory leaks

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sweet35, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweet35

sweet35 Thread Starter

:( I logged on to my computer and it seemed like it was taking forever. All of the sudden this screen popped up telling me that I have a memory leak and it could be causing my computer to be slow. When I got into the "Help and Support", it told me that I had 2 bugs: Memory Leak w/ xp_sendmail using attachments and XP_grantlogin has Memory Leak. What can I do to fix this problem so my computer runs efficiently?

2. mobo

mobo

First off do you have a firewall installed ?

3. sweet35

sweet35 Thread Starter

I am not sure if I have firewalls. There are times that my computer tells me that there are. How do I find out if there are firewalls?

4. mobo

mobo

Download 'Hijack This to its own folder http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log, load it in Notepad, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!