1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

build issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thegoodbrodi, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegoodbrodi

thegoodbrodi Thread Starter

I built a computer a few months ago. Computer was working fine, but I wanted to put it in a larger case with better ventilation to decrease heat. I transferred all of the components and it came up with an error stating that it could not load windows after posting. Ran Linux from a disk with no problem, In linux I checked hard drives for errors and they reported back ok.

I figured it was a hard drive issue, so I tried reformatting a hard drive and reinstalling windows, which installed ok and then hit a blue screen while loading. I figured the hard drive was bad.

Today, I've just disconnected the hard drives and removed the windows boot disk and the machine is trying to load windows (not install it, load it) and coming up with a blue screen. I don't know where it is getting the idea to load windows from.

Any suggestions??

oh ya, its XP

Brodie

2. MaidenFan

MaidenFan

What's the blue screen error and are there any other hard drives attached to the system?

3. thegoodbrodi

thegoodbrodi Thread Starter

there was a laptop hard drive in a usb cradle plugged into the back. :eek:P

I have a new hard drive which has accepted windows (and is SATA!)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590689

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice