1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Build not displaying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MAJORLYCONFUSED, Feb 23, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. MAJORLYCONFUSED

MAJORLYCONFUSED Thread Starter

Basically just need help i built a computer and its not displaying what could be causing this problem???

2. MAJORLYCONFUSED

I can specify everything if needed.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

We need the make and model of the motherboard - preferably with a link to it for the actual motherboard site - rather than a retailers site
    The same for the CPU
    The same for a graphic card if there is one - rather than it using integrated graphics
    The same for the PSU

Plus any messages displayed -
    Does the computer post and then fail to display or is there NO display whatsoever
    How are the graphics connected to the Monitor
    What is the make and full model of the monitor

What checks have you made please
    Finally any additional detail you can offer to assist us in diagnosing the likely problem

4. MAJORLYCONFUSED

so good news i did solve the problem with that this morning, however im continuing to encounter problems. I am using a bootable usb too install windows 10, however when the download to the build is about halfway complete it restarts and does not come back on and continue... anyone know why this could be hapenning?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, if you want help, you really need to post ALL of your exact specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact video card, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Just think; you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running.

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Indeed as I said on my first reply, albeit that this was when there was no display

How did you make the USB for the install and indeed where did you download the installation for 10 from.

Is it a purchased windows 10 provided by download with licence key OR from where please

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240720

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice