1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building a database in Access

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kaejuan, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaejuan

kaejuan Thread Starter

I have to build a simple database in access with a few queries and reports. I also need a form and possibly a switchboard.

I have the start but I don't know how to build a dependent combo box and could use some help. Is there anyone out there with the time to help me get this straighten out.

Thanks
    Michelle

2. The Villan

The Villan

3. Chris_E

Chris_E

Also, if you have the tools wizard switched on (check out help for how to do that), then when you drag and drop a combo box to your form, the wizard asks you about it and sets it up fo you - I normally hate the wizards, but this one is a no brainer.

Chris

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    I usually make my drop-down list/Combo box/lookup list (gotta love how MS gives it three names) inside of the table. That way any form based upon that table will already have the lookup list setup. Try changing the datatype for the field you want to setup the combo box for to "Lookup Wizard" and go through the wizard.

5. Chris_E

Chris_E

Well well well.... I'd never spotted that!

Nice one Jim!

Chris

6. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    ;) Np. Always happy to help.

7. kaejuan

kaejuan Thread Starter

I have been unable to make it work. Can anyone take a look at my database and help me out?

8. kaejuan

kaejuan Thread Starter

I need to do a lookup take for the area field. The area is based on the division. Then the areas breakdown under the divisions.

It won't let me attach my database but I have Access 97.

I have 8 tables. I can go to lookup and choose table/query. Then row source I can choose all 8 tables but I can't define the criteria.

9. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    If your DB is small enough then you can attach it. If not try zipping it up and then attaching it. finally if neither of those work PM me when you get on and I will give you my e-mail address to send it to.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/624616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice