Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Building a database in Access

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jimr381 
#1 ·
I have to build a simple database in access with a few queries and reports. I also need a form and possibly a switchboard.

I have the start but I don't know how to build a dependent combo box and could use some help. Is there anyone out there with the time to help me get this straighten out.

Thanks
Michelle

#3 ·
Also, if you have the tools wizard switched on (check out help for how to do that), then when you drag and drop a combo box to your form, the wizard asks you about it and sets it up fo you - I normally hate the wizards, but this one is a no brainer.

Chris

#4 ·
I usually make my drop-down list/Combo box/lookup list (gotta love how MS gives it three names) inside of the table. That way any form based upon that table will already have the lookup list setup. Try changing the datatype for the field you want to setup the combo box for to "Lookup Wizard" and go through the wizard.

#8 ·
I need to do a lookup take for the area field. The area is based on the division. Then the areas breakdown under the divisions.

It won't let me attach my database but I have Access 97.

I have 8 tables. I can go to lookup and choose table/query. Then row source I can choose all 8 tables but I can't define the criteria.

#9 ·
If your DB is small enough then you can attach it. If not try zipping it up and then attaching it. finally if neither of those work PM me when you get on and I will give you my e-mail address to send it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.