1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building a new Gaming Rig, advice?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ewiessner, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewiessner

ewiessner Thread Starter

Hello, I'm relatively new to these forums, but have got some good advice in the past here so figrued i'd get some opinions if anyone was so inclined. (i'm sure there are probably 100 of these posted a day here...but not by me! :) )

I'm in the market for a new desktop for Gaming/Multimedia, my budget is in the 3-4 range, and am looking for close-to-bleeding-edge parts for a DIY system.

I can handle the build and BIOS/OS stuff, just would like to get some opinions on hardware.

My options at this point are a build-from-scratch or wait til Dell releases the conroe line of XPS systems. I get a pretty substantial discount through my work on Dell computers, and of course they're always tempting us with those "free" 20" widescreen LCDs that PCMag loves.

Anyway, sorry about the long read, but any objective opinion/criticism is much appreciated! Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice