building a new pc problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Turniphead

I have just put together a new PC - when I switch the PC on there is no power. I got the motherboard and the case/psu checked - these were both fine. The fan on the CPU spins just the once and then nothing. The motherboad is a ASRock with onboard sound and graphics.

Can anyone advise me what the problem could be?

Have you hooked anything else besides the motherboard, processor, and fan up to the power supply? If you have, try unplugging each item, power-up and see if that's causing the problem.

If you have not tried hooking anything else up, they power supply could be shot.

Another idea:
I have had a similar issue before and it turned out that the jumpers on the motherboard were not at factory defaults. You could also check them with the motherboard manual to make sure.

Turniphead

Thanks Marcus - I have tried to power up without the HDD, FDD, CD's etc in and still the same problem, also been in contact with the manufacturer of the motherboard and they emailed me the jumper settings. Will it hurt if I try the jumper settings in all the positions?

The power supply is fine as I already got it checked out. The motherboard was also checked out as well and nothing wrong with that either.

Try running it with the motherboard out of the case, it may be shorting on the case somewhere

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online