1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building a new PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ACA529, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ACA529

ACA529 Thread Starter

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That mb needs bios 17 or later to run that cpu. The bios needed was released in early 2011 so if you buy a board now it should have at least that bios or later. I did check and newegg.ca has the same board $10 cheaper.

I would go with a WD black series drive over a seagate. The black series is a better quality drive AND it comes with a 5yr warranty; other than that, looks ok to me.

3. ACA529

ACA529 Thread Starter

Would a 600watt PSU power all of that plus a nVidia 7600GT?

This is the PSU I ordered: http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=33041&promoid=1146

And do you know how well this would run SWTOR?

Thanks!

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

A 7600gt is a pretty low end card so it does not need a lot of power. That pw supply should be fine. I have no idea what swtor is; however I am sure that min requirements are posted at the site.

If you are going to game, I would give some thought to a modern video card; the 7600 is many generations old now.

5. ACA529

ACA529 Thread Starter

With a new video card, how would this computer be for gaming? Like playing Battelfield 3 for example? High end games?

Thanks very much

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

With a modern card like a nvidia 560 or better, it would do just fine. I just would not expect much from a 7600; it is at least 5 generations old technology now and not really suited for modern games.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice