Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Building a new PC

731 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That mb needs bios 17 or later to run that cpu. The bios needed was released in early 2011 so if you buy a board now it should have at least that bios or later. I did check and newegg.ca has the same board $10 cheaper.

I would go with a WD black series drive over a seagate. The black series is a better quality drive AND it comes with a 5yr warranty; other than that, looks ok to me.

#3 ·
That mb needs bios 17 or later to run that cpu. The bios needed was released in early 2011 so if you buy a board now it should have at least that bios or later. I did check and newegg.ca has the same board $10 cheaper.

I would go with a WD black series drive over a seagate. The black series is a better quality drive AND it comes with a 5yr warranty; other than that, looks ok to me.
Would a 600watt PSU power all of that plus a nVidia 7600GT?

This is the PSU I ordered: http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=33041&promoid=1146

And do you know how well this would run SWTOR?

Thanks!

#4 ·
A 7600gt is a pretty low end card so it does not need a lot of power. That pw supply should be fine. I have no idea what swtor is; however I am sure that min requirements are posted at the site.

If you are going to game, I would give some thought to a modern video card; the 7600 is many generations old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.