1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building a new PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coeus, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coeus

Coeus Thread Starter

Hey everyone,
    I came to this site for this specific question that I had, and seeing as this is my first post please excuse me if I posted this thread on the wrong board or section.
    I've been into console gaming for a while (this isn't a gaming thread just bear with me) and have recently decided to move into PC gaming. I have a few questions though if anyone would be willing to answer them.
    Can anyone give me advice on how to build/buy/customize a computer that can not only accomplish all the tasks I need listed below, but excel at them. I honestly don't know where to start with this process.

• Run intensive games such as Arma, DayZ, RuneScape, Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Run video editing software such as iMovie or Sony Vegas
    • Record and stream gameplay and others functions so that they may be uploaded or edited

I'd also like to mention that while price is a factor, it is definitely not a large limiting factor to the computer I'd like to purchase/build.

I hope I included enough information, and if I didn't please just respond and I'll tell you any other information you may need to help me.

Thanks,
    Duncan

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I would help us make recommendations if you would give us a max budget to go by.

3. zekithemeeky

zekithemeeky

If price is not a huge factor I would go with a core i7-5820k build. With that you get ddr4 ram, and the newer x99 chipset.

According to benchmarks the 5820k's six core should be able to handle video editing and streaming without a sweat. Paired with a gtx 970 or gtx 980 or even gtx 960 this build should be able to take everything you can throw at it.

EDIT: Of course this would run you at $ 1200-$2000.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!