1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building a new PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by New2Building, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New2Building

New2Building Thread Starter

Hello!

If this is the wrong forum to post this in, my apologies. I've just made this account 10 minutes ago and just need somebody who knows what they're doing to answer a few dumb questions I may have.

This is just a stupid question about my current PC.

I bought a PC off of a buddy, GTX 1060, i5 8500, it's a great get up. (I'm at work right now so MB spec I can't think of at the moment.) Now, the PC case itself is a Matek (?) Aquila NVIDIA GEFORCE micro case. On the side of the case there's a huge GEFORE GTX sign that is supposed to light up green, but he said he disabled it and can't remember how to fix it.

I tried to follow cords and I see there's a SATA cord that's not plugged in. Could that be what lights the RGB? Does that plug into the Motherboard? I can't seem to find the plug in. I may have to take out the GPU to be able to find it. If I take out my GPU, is that safe? Is it simply a take it out, do what I need to do and stick it back in?

Again sorry, I'm really new to building, and I'm terrified to touch anything incase I royally mess it up. I'll probably ask more stupid questions along the way on this site. I have a Ryzen 3 1300x and eventually will have a build centered around that.

If for any reason more info is required to help, when I get home I'll gladly figure out the Motherboard spec.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice