Building a new system would like your input

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wheelzup

Here is a list of parts that I've put together for an entire system....What do you think....

Case...Cooler Master Wave Master (Black)
PSU...Vantec ion2 460W
Processor AMD Athlon 64 FX55 San Diego
Motherbard...Asus A8N-E
Memory...Corsair XMS 2GB (2x1GB) PC 3200 Pro (was thinking adding the second pair for 4GB)
Video Card....Asus EAX 850Pro PCI Express x16
Sound....Creative Audigy 2ZS Gamer Limited Edition
Hard Drives...Maxtor Diamond Max 10 250GB SATA 150 (don't plan on setting up Raid)
DVD Drive...16X Asus
DVD Burner...Plextor PX-740A/SW-BL
Windows XP Pro SP2
Display...ViewSonic VX924 19" LCD
Keyboard...Microsoft Wireless Optical Elite
Speakers...Logitech Z-5500

How does this look to you all, did I forget anything? Any suggestions or small changes that I should make would be appreciated.

Sounds pretty good. If you plan on doing some gaming with it, I personaly dont recommend useing a wireless mouse. The one i was using had a bit of a lag when I moved it fast.

Good choice on getting the 2gb of memory and the large hard drive.

and the wireless Keyboards are a good choice

What are the specs on that video card? I googled it and got nothing back that made sense to me.

Looks good to me, but from the newegg pictures, it looks like it as an Analog input and an DV input, yet the specs say it has two DV inputs. Well technically they are outputs, but you know what I mean.

Also, maybe check into the deluxe version of that motherboard. Better ratings on Newegg.

One more thing, I'm looking at that same PSU, have you heard anything about it?

Wheelzup

I wish I could find out more about it as well. I have several posts on it in other forums but no real answers as of yet. The PSU I'm using now in the 520W Vantc Stealth and many have said that I would have been in good shape with a 480W PSU. I do like it but it's not real quiet at times and I did notice a slight upward trend in power usage at home and it's the only thing relativly new that I've been using for several months now.

Wheelzup said:
I wish I could find out more about it as well. I have several posts on it in other forums but no real answers as of yet. The PSU I'm using now in the 520W Vantc Stealth and many have said that I would have been in good shape with a 480W PSU. I do like it but it's not real quiet at times and I did notice a slight upward trend in power usage at home and it's the only thing relativly new that I've been using for several months now.
I am in the same shape as you. I haven't heard anything about it. It's looking like I will be going with this Sparkle PSU for my new rig. It was recommended too me and the reviews on it from Newegg don't look too shabby.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online