1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building a non-gaming rig.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by donsor, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

I'm building a new rig which I'll use for general applications only. Need your opinion on the Ryzen 5 2400G processor with build in Radeon RX Vega II graphics.

Thanks

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    It's a good Cpu and it also provides quite decent Graphics, it will be fine for a general purpose PC.

Do you have a Motherboard picked out yet ? As long as you get a reasonably modern one the Bios should support that Cpu.

There's a list of compatible motherboards here :- http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/AMD/Ryzen_5/2400G_motherboards.html

3. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

I had an MSI B450 M Plus AMD in mind.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I am not a fan of msi however for just general use they should be OK. I also prefer asus, gigabyte, or asrock boards.
    Ryzen builds are easier today than when ryzen was first released. The first gen ryzen processors and first gen motherboards were somewhat picky regarding ram AND getting ram to run at rated speed. This has been fixed with bios updates and newer designed motherboards.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice