Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Building a PC

980 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  limpy1441 
#1 ·
i need to know everything i need to build a PC. i mean everything!(tools, hardware, input devices, everything!) I also would like to know what some recommended setups would be for a gaming and internet computer. thanks to everyone who replies.

G
#3 ·
OK, i don't wanna piss off or insult any of the moderators on this forum for referring limpy to a different forum. But for limpys' specific question, i gotta tell him about http://www.pcnineoneone.com.

It will help you with several issues all in one shot:
1) You can use their price grabber and search for the best prices on just about any kind of computer component you need for your project. Just click on their "Best Prices", it will then take you to a page where it will list just about everything like: hardrives, memory, graphics cards, etc. Click on whatever you want to search for, and it will spit out a list of vendors with their prices.

2) How-To Section: They have all sorts of handly how-to instructions for many topics. All are very easy to understand, step-by-step instructions written with humor to make the learning process fun.

3) Forum section: Posting a question in their forum will usually get you a response quickly. Of course they can help you with general computer topics, but when it comes to hardware they are EXTREMELY knowledgeable people and giving help on building a new PC is their forte. (My apologies to Brian and other moderators, I don't mean any disrespect to you all). Just personally, IMHO, it's the most comprehensive forum I have found.

Limpy as a side note: I refrain from posting there unless absolutely necessary. It's just a personal reason. Don't let me discourage you from going there -- there's a wealth of information. As long as you don't piss them off, you will get really great help.

When you actually start building your PC, you might even post your specific question on their forum AND this forum as well. That way you can get compare advice...kinda like getting a 2nd opinion from a doctor - right? Good luck.

Piano Man

[Edited by Piano Man on 06-18-2001 at 08:07 PM]

#4 ·
Boy, that's a tall order, and not a very fair question. People write books about how to build a pc, so how on earth can anyone be expected to post a reply to that question?

I agree with the first reply, if you have an idea of what to do, like buying the components for example, then get started and ask questions as you go. You might even find that you'll get it built without any problems....I ALMOST wrote that with a straight face!....(never happens).

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.