building a printserver (hardware)?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ambergriss

how do you build a print server? i have three parallel connection port printers, hp855, hp350c, okidata 395c. i have a system that can support win2k. can i install 3 cards with parallel connections, connect the printers and install the drivers for each printers? i used to have jetdirect connecting each to 3 ports and out to the ethernet connection to w2k server down in another location. version no longer supported by hp. or do you have any other suggestions? would like to keep my job...

Set up the computer and either buy an external print server or build a PC with multiple LPT ports and as much memory as you can jam into it. You can use plain old Win95 if you want to. The best way is JetDirect cards or JetDirect printservers and a server set up with as much memory as you can buy.

ambergriss

thanks, youre right! but i didn't think about the memory... i wasn't sure how to or where to start with this task. had jetdirect but no longer support by hp. boss says build a print server. thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated!:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online