Building budget laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Budgie123

What is the cheapest I can get away with if I wanna upgrade a crappy laptop to be able to meet these requirements. And where can I get these parts
  • CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD quad-core processor.
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560, AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics card or better (min. 2GB VRAM, DirectX 11 support)
  • RAM: 4GB.
  • Space Required: 20GB.
  • Soundcard.
  • DVD-ROM Drive.

First, you would need to find a motherboard that will fit in this "crappy laptop" then start looking for parts compatible with that motherboard. Note that many "el-cheapo" laptops have a non-upgradeable, soldered in CPU with a non-upgradable internal GPU.

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
If you want to continue in using a laptop, then I would invest the money in a better rated one!

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
I agree with the previous 2 posts.

You can't put a laptop together the same way as a desktop. Use the money to buy a complete laptop with the specification you need. You can get some good deals on used laptops on Ebay if you don't want to buy a brand new one.

Out of curiosity what make and model is the 'crappy laptop' ?

Budgie123

You can't put a laptop together the same way as a desktop. Use the money to buy a complete laptop with the specification you need. You can get some good deals on used laptops on Ebay if you don't want to buy a brand new one.

Well I really don't care I'm not even a big gamer I just want to play farming simulator 2019 and store movies and music. So I just want stray can do that

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
We need to know what laptop it is, make and full model name, then we can tell you if it can be upgraded or not.

First Name
Ramon
The only thing you can upgrade your laptop is no more than 8 GB of RAM and an SSD. There are no other parts you can add into it.

You can find details here.

Budgie123

Ok so I'd probably be better off just getting one that already meets those spects ??

First Name
Ramon
Ok so I'd probably be better off just getting one that already meets those spects ??
Yes
For the amount of money you will spend on upgrading, for a few extra dollars more you can buy a refurbished one which meets your needs.

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Have you tried the Farming Simulator 2019 on the laptop yet ? It might be good enough to run it already.

Budgie123

No I haven't I don't even have the laptop yet. Do u have any suggestions on which brand and all that I shud get

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online