1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building computer and wont boot to anything, even bios...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by demented, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. demented

demented Thread Starter

I am building a computer, placed the mother board in, booted it up without anything attached and it went to bios fine. Then I put everything in and it will boot up sometimes and then freeze. Other times it won't even go to bios. I have unplugged everything to see if it would go to bios. Nothing. HELP PLEASE! Thanks
    Cliff :confused:

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

cpu not seated properly, ram not seated properly (but you would get beeps if a motherboard speaker were hooked up) not a compatable cpu, bad cpu, bent pins (be care full bending back)

are all the causes of your symtoms.

3. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
    i just built one...maybe vid card, hard drive. You can never build a PC without running into problems. Let us know how it turns out :)

4. demented

demented Thread Starter

the cpu is compatable, here is what I have
    Elitegroup k7vta3 MOB
    AMD XP 2600+

Everything is seated properly. Checked all that too, please tell me there is more to casue problems than a bad CPU, if not I will email the person who sold it to me. Thanks
    Cliff

PS Would a bad CPU cause it not to go to the bios?

5. n2gun

n2gun

Yes it would. Also something else to check, go over all the wires hooked to the motheroard. It is possible when hooking things up one came loose.

6. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

if it was a video card or harddrive and it had a motherboard speaker hooked up it would beep. if you are not hearing beeping at all and you have a speaker hooked up to the motherboard, it a problem with cpu or motherboard.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/226005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice