1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samsdad42, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samsdad42

samsdad42 Thread Starter

Don"t know much about computers, but would like to build one for fun and knowledge. Where do I find a book or information on building? To include which mother board and cpu's that can be used with a MB. Also which cpu's and ram to use with the different mother boards. There are so many different varations that I need to read and ask questions. Thanks to all who respond. Mike

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Welcome to TSG Mike! :) I can't help you but I requested your thread be moved to a forum where it might get a better answer! :) Best of luck! :)

3. Big-K

Big-K

Many online parts websites, such as www.newegg.com or www.tigerdirect.com, will list things like what processors are compatable with a motherboard, what type of memory the board takes, etc. Many boards have memory/processor built into it, like my old one. The downside to those is that if the processor shorts out, the whole board is dead, or if the memory shorts out or something. They also tend to have less expansion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice