1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building desktop: no beeps, no video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by D3retla, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D3retla

D3retla Thread Starter

The mobo LED are on, fan is running but getting no signal to monitor. I've tested the video card in another pc and confirmed working. The only time the mobo beeps is when There's only one ram installed.

Mobo is: Intel D850MD atx socket 478
    Cpu : P4 SL6GQ northwood
    Ram : Samsung Rambus 256mb (four installed)
    Power : Zumax 115v/230v 10A/5A 60/50Hz
    Video : Sapphire RADEON 9250 128mb 64-bit, AGP 4X (1.5v) universal

The CPU was salvage from a Dell mobo that no longer show video, just as it is now, simply power up then nothing.
    Shouldn't there be beep codes if it's a failed cpu?

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. D3retla

D3retla Thread Starter

Unfortunately, I don't have another 478 CPU.

I tried doing a minimum start-up with only the CPU, fan and memory without the video card and got no beeps. Normally if there's no graphics present mobos would beep. This one just starts then nothing, with or without video card.

I have four 256 Rambus installed. The mobo has an Intel/AMI bios and gives three beeps if the amount of ram sticks are uneven.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice