1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building my first pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kundalini, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kundalini

Kundalini Thread Starter

Hello forum, thanks for reading. I am about to build my first pc. Im trying to get some computer certs
    and jump into the IT field so i figure experience is best teacher right? I am pretty sure the processor
    i want is Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E. i think ill wait for the chips after ivy, to get something
    newer. Basically id like advice on what components to use with this processor. I was thinkin of the
    ASUS RIVE for mobo, not sure though and pretty new to all this. I will build it a piece at a time over
    the next few months so money is no issue really. For a top notch awesome rig for gaming and media
    mainly, what would you guys recommend as far as mobo/ram/graphics and video....any input is VERY
    appreciated. thanks forum.

2. ThePCguy95

ThePCguy95

I would just like to say that going one piece at a time is a very bad idea. Anyone who has built multiple PC's would say the same. If one part is bad, you may not know until it is too late to return it and you could be out a couple hundred dollars, or euros, or pounds... but that aside, you will want to have everything at once because you will need to be able to test all the parts at one time, as long as you buy the CPU, RAM, motherboard, and power supply together (and possibly a video card), you will be able to test those important parts. It is things like the case and other peripherals such as hard drives and optical drives that could be bough separately as long as you can test them or they have a good warranty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice