Building my own gaming desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LawrenceP96

Hi there, id just like to point out that I am only 15 years of age so im not loaded and do not have as much experience as some of you guys, however I do believe i know considerable amount for my age.

Soooo, here goes.
I want to get rid of things like my xbox, tv, laptop etc along with some of my own money to build myself a gaming computer that will hopefully last a few years. Since this is my first build and I dont have any experience in building a computer before -other than adding the odd bit of RAM here and there and changing Hardrives- i've got a budget of £500, this includes things like a monitor and possibly a good keyboard and mouse.
Whilst looking around the interwebz i stubbled accross a site, which claims to be pretty good and had a recommended build for different price ranges. So heres what it looks like...

Motherboard: MSI 870A-G54 (£65)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (£70)
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 1333MHz (£20)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (£80)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB (£70)
Optical Drive: ASUS Internal 24x CD/DVD Drive (£15)
Case: NZXT M59 Gaming Mid Tower Case (£32)
Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600-Watt (£32)

Total Cost: £384

If you could answer the following questions I would be eternally greatful...

1) What do you think of my build?
2) Is there anything that could be changed that's better, but for the same price or less?
3) What kind of settings would this be able to run games on currently, High? Medium? Low?
4) Is it worth it?
5) How long will this build last?
6) Anything else you would like to suggest?

And finally if you think that this is a completely pants build and could recommend a completely different build for the same price I would love to hear :)

Any questions please feel free to ask

Thanks very much

LawrenceP96 :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online