Building new pc..need advice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nothingface

I'm looking forward on building a pc. However, I don't know much about the good power supplies, like the good brands n stuff. So what do you recommend? something that will last. Looking at around a 400watt or so. so far this is what i have in mind:

Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X nForce2

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2800+

Power Supply: undecided

Case: undecided

RAM: 512MB DDR

Video: ATI Radeon 9000

Sound: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

CD-ROM: Lite-on 52x

CDRW: Lite-on 52x24x52x

by the way, i always thought the nforce2 chipset boards had onboard video (geforce2 mx400). site says no onboard video..what's the deal?

Look into Antec, Enermax, or Sparkle powersupplies.

Antec, Chieftec, Enermax make good cases too.

Also, instead of a CD-rom, get a DVD-rom drive. More functionality and about the same price these days.

the asus board does not have integrated video. a good card is the msi ti4200.

if you want a mb with nforce 2 & integrated video(it's g4 mx440 video) get the MSI K7N2G-ISLR or the shuttle sn41g2(small form factor pc).

as far as case & psu's go if your gonna build a killer rig then go to: http://66.70.212.146/
which is crazypc

for lots of info on nforce2 go to:
http://www.nforcershq.com/

check the forums

good luck
:D :D :D

Hello I just got a k7n2g ilsr and when I boot up my comp it dosent but up the bios it just stops also it shuts down in about a minute or so and when I say the bios wont load it just wont load however I know the mother board works because the keyboard lights turn on and the lan lights turn on what may be the problem.
also I cleared the cmos and its still the same maybe the ram?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online