Building new pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Breakjack

Hey,

I'm trying to assemble a new desktop computer, and I'm a beginner. I have collected all kinds of components. I was ofcourse looking for a high-performance pc capable of running the newest games on highest quality aswell as smooth video editing etc. Now I'm not really sure wether the components I've collected are good, especially with eachother. These are the products chosen:

1. MSI Z370M GAMING PRO AC LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
  2. MSI - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/red
  3. Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Black & White Mid-tower with Internal Configuration, 6 Routing Cut-outs, Support Up to E-ATX Motherboard, 9 SSD mount positions and 7 Expansion Slots
  4. Kingston HyperX FURY 8 GB DIMM DDR3-1866 zwart 2 x 4 GB
  5. WD Black Interne Harde Schijf 2TB
  6. Corsair VS650 650W ATX PSU
  7. Cooler Master Hyper H411R
  8. Intell Core i7-8700 processor
  9. Windows 10 64 bit Home
These are the specifications summarized from all these things:

Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit home

Processor
Processortype
Intell Core i7-8700 processor

Numer of cores

Processor base frequency
3,2 GHz

Max turbo frequence
4,6 GHz
Memory
RAM
2 x 4 - 8 GB

Module
DIMM

Memory
DDR3

Rotation speed
1866 MHz

HDD
Total capacity
2 TB

Type
HDD

Rotation speed
7200 RPM

HDD interface
SATA
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

model
GDDR 5

GPU clockspeed
1594 megahertz

GPU boost clockspeed
1809 megahertz

Interfaces
PCI Express 3.0

If this thread has been posted on the wrong forum, I'm sorry.

crjdriver

OK, I see a whole bunch of problems here;
1 Memory. You listed ddr3 memory and that board uses ddr4 memory ie wrong memory
2 Pw supply. Corsair makes some quality pw supplies however the VS series is NOT one of them. That is the lowest quality pw supply corsair makes and using it with a real video card is just asking for a problem
3 Motherboard. IMO msi is a lower end mfg and not up to the quality of asus, gigabyte or asrock. In addition, it is a micro board. Those are generally used in home theater systems, small form factor cases, etc. Micro boards are not really designed nor intended for use in a gaming system.
4 No ssd drive. While you can use a spin or mech drive, a ssd is the single biggest boost to performance you can give to a system

If you have already purchased these parts, you can probably return them.

Breakjack

I havent purchased anything yet, only bookmarked the items, thx for the info

crjdriver

You are welcome. IMO you would be much better off with a motherboard from one of the mfg I listed. Once you decide on a board, the support page for that board will list compatible memory ie memory that has been tested and found to work with that motherboard.

crjdriver

BTW if you shop on newegg, there will be a link to the support page for the motherboard you intend to purchase. That makes it very easy to find the support page for the motherboard in question.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online