1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Building PC (Please Review specs and comment)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lightnb, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lightnb

lightnb Thread Starter

I am going to be building a new computer:

*Abit VT7 Via PT880 (P4 800FSB Skt478 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, LAN, RAID/Serial ATA)

*Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor Prescott 3EGHz, 800MHz FSB, Socket 478, 1MB Cache (Retail)

*Corsair VS512MB400 512MB DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5 Value Select Memory

*Antec Solution Series SLK3700AMB Super Mid Tower Case Retail

Any comments? Good, Bad, etc?

What does the "E" mean in "3EGHz"?

a 350 Watt PSU comes with the case... isthis going to be sufficient?

Thanks,

Nick

2. lightnb

lightnb Thread Starter

Second Question:

Compared to my current system (see signature), Which system is more suited for rendering (Maya & After Effects)?

3. marioh

marioh

I put together a similar system recently (see sig), and I'm very satisified with it. Looks like you still need a video card to finish off that system though.

I don't know what the e stands for in the 3.0e and your second question probably depends more on the video card you put into the new system.

4. lightnb

lightnb Thread Starter

I have three graphics cards presently. two in my main system, and one spare.

I will put one of those in the new system.

They are:

Radion 9600 (by PowerColor)
    Nvidia FX 5700 (Asus)
    Nvidia MX 440 (Pine)

What would you reccomend?

(The Nvidias have to go in the same machine though, because the radion doesnt play nice with them.)

Thanks for your post

5. marioh

marioh

I've personally never liked ATI graphic cards. I even initially bought a 9800Pro for my system, but sold it a week later after being bitterly disappointed in it (it may have been a bum card, but whatever). So, naturally, I'd say throw the 5700 in it, but take that for whatever it's worth. :)

And you're welcome.

6. lightnb

lightnb Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm not fond of ATI either (being the reason that card was sitting in the closet).

but, I geuss that one of my systems will have to get the "old maid", for now anyway. I guess I'll stick it on the Athelon.

If any one else is reading this and knows what the "e" is for, i would still like to know.

Thanks,

Nick

7. timothye

timothye

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice