1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Built in keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chhocky, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chhocky

Chhocky Thread Starter

The in built keyboard of my Lenovo Y50-70 is not working. It started when I left it in a room with no circulation for two weeks. When I came back, the keyboard was fine for about 10 minutes, the p kept spamming or not working at all. After about 5 days, I tried a factory reset and that made the keyboard malfunction. When I pressed t, it came up with t4. When I pressed y it came up with y7. Spacebar was now a down arrow. Right arrow was space bar. Enter was pressed one and 2 lines of break appeared. Insert and delete both came up with '+' and many more problems. I then uninstalled the keyboard driver and that made my keyboard unresponsive. All I had was an on screen keyboard and this old external keyboard. I have already done a static battery thingy multiple times and the keyboard is definitely connected. Please help me!

2. Chhocky

Chhocky Thread Starter

Update:
    The keyboard is working with the above malfunctions but only as I sign in. After that, it is still not working.

3. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice