1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Built in Webcam - Not Detected or Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Kathylee17, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kathylee17

Kathylee17 Thread Starter

I looked through the trend and another similar one before asking. I don't want to be an inconvenience but the things I tried through this trend and the other one did little to help. Perhaps I'm not doing it right?

My built-in camera for my laptop suddenly stopped working some time back. I found out when I was using this one website to take pictures like I always do and it told me camera not detected. It told me on Skype as well. I ran problem devices and it only detected printer problems; it does not detect problems with my cam.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.
    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1, Build 7601
    System Model AO756

If I go to: Device Manager and under Images the options to pick are - Xerox Phaser 3635MFP WIA, and Xerox WorkCentre/Pro WIA scanner. I don't think those are camera options.

I am at my wits end and have been trying to fix it for two months. Thank you beforehand for taking your time to read.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If there is a warning or error in Device Manager that may be the web cam and it may just need a driver.

Else there is a small chance it somehow got disabled in the BIOS (Setup), so check in there.

Most likely the web cam died.

3. dai

dai

try reinstalling the drivers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!