1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Built PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chamrick03, Jun 6, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Chamrick03

Chamrick03 Thread Starter

so I just purchased all the parts for my first custom pc. I got a ASUS Z390-E ROG STRIX gaming motherboard. A NVIDIA 2060 graphics card. A i7 9700 processor. 16gb of ram and put it all together. When I turn it on everything comes on, everything that lights up is on fans spinning and all. But I get no video on my monitor. What is my problem? (and this is my second motherboard)

2. Chamrick03

Also a nice Corsair liquid cooling system. And I’ve tried all basic troubleshooting and can’t figure out what the problem is?

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What PSU do you have ?
    What type of storage, HDD/SSD/M2 ?
    What exact Ram do you have ?

Just to be sure you are connecting the monitor to the Graphics card not the motherboard ?

Have you tried running with the Graphics card removed and the monitor connected to the motherboard's video out ?

4. Chamrick03

I have a Corsair RM850x PSU
    I have Corsair Vengeance pro 2 8gb sticks
    And yeah I’ve plugged into both graphics card and motherboard neither worked.(with graphics card removed)
    And I have a 256 SSD
    Thanks for responding

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    If you have a speaker/buzzer attached to the motherboard do you get any beep pattern ?

Try with the SSD disconnected and just one Ram stick installed, motherboard manual should show which socket to use (usually the one nearest the Cpu). Try both Ram sticks in that socket.

If the above doesn't help and you're sure all the power connectors to motherboard and graphics card are present and correct then I would try an 'out of case build' as shown in the guide here by crjdriver :-
    https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-guide-for-problem-builds.580000/

6. Chamrick03

Okay, what does the buzz/speaker look like? If you happen to know? I may be missing it... I can’t seem to find it

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  8. replay

replay

the 8 pin power plug ??? Capture.PNG

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice