Bullet Proof T-Shirt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mumbodog

Mike, you need to sell these with the TSG logo on it.

http://www.ecouterre.com/15824/scientists-discover-how-to-turn-ordinary-t-shirts-into-body-armor/

Unlike the brittle boron carbide currently in use, the synthesized fibers (“nanowires”) are super-elastic. Yet they maintain the same strength and stiffness of their predecessors. “They are not only lightweight but also flexible,” Li says. “We should be able to fabricate much tougher body armors using this new technique. It could even be used to produce lightweight, fuel-efficient cars and aircrafts.”

This could make guns obsolete but for now i don't think so ,this is not the first time

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
That is some amazing technology! I suspect some police officers will be very glad to have that instead of their current vest!

That is some amazing technology! I suspect some police officers will be very glad to have that instead of their current vest!
lol ,cops will start begging for their vest back after using these super shirts. The bullet will just take the shirt with it as it impales the body.

''On the bright side'' It would make it much easier to take bullets out tho ,all you would have to do is pull the shirt and out comes the bullet.

Mumbodog

I am sure they will not actually make the T-shirts, rather use the material in conventional vests.

I hope they can find some feasible manufacturing method for this ,that seems to be the biggest problem with these super cool inventions that i keep hearing about. Like the guy trying to create a synthetic spider web like material that ridiculously strong ,he can make it in extremely small amounts but has not found a practical method. I don't think anyone who has claimed these type of inventions has gone very far with it ,the only successful one i know of is the Kevlar woman.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.