1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bullets appear as clock faces in Outlook 2000 - Font Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DocShock, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocShock

DocShock Thread Starter

I'm trying to decide on the best way to fix a font problem on a friends computer. Yesterday his bullets started appearing as clock faces for no apparent reason - I did a little research and it seems that the Symbol Font may be corrupt and have to be reinstalled. What I'm wondering is - what is the easiest way to reinstall the Symbol Font if I don't have the CD for the OS? Can I copy the Symbol Font into a shared folder which he has access to and drag and drop it into his Fonts folder, thus overwriting and replacing his old Symbol Font? Are there any limitations to this? Is the an easier or better way to do it?

Thanks very much!

2. DocShock

DocShock Thread Starter

Just a little update...his Outlook version is 97 not 2000.

I tried copying my symbol font onto his computer...it installed fine, but didn't fix the problem. The weird thing is that he can get bullets in Word just fine.

I sent a bulleted message to myself from his computer and the clock faces did not appear on my screen...they were bullets.

So it is his bullet font and it's limited to Outlook 97. Just not sure how to fix it.

PS - he was busy when I tried the font install, so I'm hoping that once he shuts down Outlook completely and restarts it that maybe the effects will take effect...fingers crossed!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/350833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice