1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bunch of Random Windows Media player 11 Questions

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by airtas, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. airtas

airtas Thread Starter

• How does Windows Media player know not to re-add a file removed from my library?

• Why do some videos have thumb images and others do not?

• For my mp3s that have no album art why is it using an image that used to be on my desktop that i later deleted for the thumb on now playing....?

• What exactly does find missing album info do? How does it find the info and what constitutes a match? If the meta data is missing how do you find a match?

2. How'dIdoThat

How'dIdoThat

First Name:
    RWF
  3. stantley

stantley

If you mean with monitor folders, I'm not sure, I hate monitor folders.

From what I tested avi and wmv files have thumbs, mpg files don't. These are the only formats I have right now.

When you add an Mp3 with album art WMP creates hidden system files in the same folder as the Mp3 file, some of those files might still be around. It also stores some album art files in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS (if you have XP).

It does an internet lookup. If it finds an obvious match it goes with that, otherwise it will prompt you to choose the album from several close matches.

You at least need artist or album for it to find anything. If you have both that will increase your odds of finding the right one.

4. airtas

airtas Thread Starter

does it prompt you or will it re edit your entire library?

5. stantley

stantley

It will potentially update some or all of the tracks that you highlighted before you do the lookup.

The best way to do it is one album at a time.

6. airtas

airtas Thread Starter

but if auto look up is enabled?

7. stantley

stantley

I think that does a lookup when you add a track to the library.

But I would never set it up like that, it's just asking for trouble. You have to be very careful when updating tracks from the internet, you end up doing a lot more work if something gets screwed up.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice