Bunsen burner hardware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crcook84

We decided to get more propane hardware just so that we’d have a variety of hardware that we could use for whatever purpose. One item we were interested in was a Bunsen burner.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECCNYLY/
We found some hardware on Amazon that we were satisfied with the price. However, the description stated “incompatible with Bunsen burner”.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WB2BH2/
Is there a particular type of hose/valve system that is meant to work with a Bunsen burner?

Drabdr

Brad
Thanks for the links! Makes things much easier.

Just reviewing the burner you provided the link to; it suggested this hose. It also displayed some regulators also.

Note: Reading these reviews on all these products... it seems there is a number of leaks, cracked hoses, etc. I would make sure you have someone in your lab designated for safety and training. Make sure lab coats are flame retardant.

I would suggest looking into stir/heat plates; a lot more safer.

crcook84

...I would make sure you have someone in your lab designated for safety and training. Make sure lab coats are flame retardant...
Just a little note. This isn't a lab environment. More like DIY at home. Although, I suppose I should consider flame retardant clothing. Any recommendations on a fire extinguisher? We already have a dry chemical extinguisher that denotes A, B, and C.

crcook84

Well, the available hose, even though it says 1/4" ID, did not fit on the regulator (which had an ID of 1/4"). It was slipping on and off. Instead, because we were using vinyl tubing with another project, we cut off a length of vinyl tubing and are using that between the regulator and the Bunsen burner. Now, the only problem is the vinyl tubing won't come off. We may have to cut it off should we need to replace it. But, not a big deal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online