1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burn data and create movies, which software?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by nmithani1, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nmithani1

nmithani1 Thread Starter

Apart from Nero 7, which software would you lads recommend that could burn data on CD's, DVD's and re-writables and create DVD movies?

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

If you want to crete compliant DVD's get a video program, Ulead Movie Factory is good start.

3. nmithani1

nmithani1 Thread Starter

But can it burn data?

4. Moby

Moby

None. Apart from Roxio's Easy Media Creator I don't think there are many other all rounders out there. Not as good as those 2 anyway and Nero would be my choice. Those 2 programs basically started out as CD burning software that just grew into packages to encompass the different types of disc burning people wanted to do. They are still basically burning suites - "We'll burn anything to anything". They are excellent at everything right up to creating DVD movies, in which they are just good.
    Creating DVD video's out of non compliant/other format video files is venturing into the realms of video editing/DVD authoring programmes and while Nero does well in giving you the ability to do this, it does not give you the options of a dedicated DVD authoring or video editing programme. You have the best burning software package in my opinion. Stick with it and keep using for all other burning needs. Where you will gain is now looking for a standalone DVD/Video editing programme instead of another all rounder, which probably doesn't exist.
    I moved to Ulead's Video Studio at that stage. As user friendly as it gets but it does it's job well. It's also available as a full trial download which helps.
    That's my opinion anyway but what do I know? ;)

5. nmithani1

nmithani1 Thread Starter

Thanks mate.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/521949

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice