1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burn on windows 7 - waiting to be burnt isssues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by etaf, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. etaf

etaf Moderator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Wayne
    I used the windows explorer burn facility on windows 7

I removed all the waiting to be burnt temp files

clicked on photos and clicked on Burn to burn all to DVD - it burnt the files - but then when the burnt and finalised disk was placed back in the machine - it showed only 1 file burned and all the others marked as waiting to be burnt

I placed the disk into a different machine and it showed all the files and folder on the disk burnt

any idea what's going on here - making it difficult for my friend who is not computer literate and new to this type of thing - struggle with burning disks and i thought using windows explorer in windows 7 would be easiest - but not if it shows burnt disks ad waiting to be burnt

never had this issue on windows 7 pcs before when helping others burn ???

2. pip22

pip22

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Just a thought - any other burning software on that machine? Many burners disable some optical drive features so that they can eject the tray and reclose it to do verifications without anything interfering, like the autoinsert pop-up window. For some reason, yours doen't seem to be refreshing the contents.

(I got Nero 4 when it came out. It ruined 9 out of every 10 disks I tried to burn with it. At the time, I thought the science of burning must be in its infancy.)

4. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    Yes there is others which i also used power2go
    the windows burn did eject the dvd player and on laptops it asks you to close as they cant do that as they van on desktop dvd writers

I also prefer the third party versions - so i'll get him to stick to the power2go as it was much easier to use and you can add other directories and files and see what you are adding

thanks for the info

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Trying to duplicate your issue I found the following.

At one point there is an option to "close this wizard after burning." If I check that, I do not get the problem you report.

If I do not select that option I get the window asking if I want to burn the files to another disk. If I ignore that and simply insert the same disk I get the results that you do (see attachment 1). After clicking "Finish" on the "burn to another disk" window it goes away and I get the expected display of the disk's contents (see attach 2). (I don't know why I cannot get rid of that "desktop.ini on this machine; I've learned to just ignore it.)

Attached Files:

6. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    i seem to remember closing that window and finish - But i may have done that after loading the DVD back into the machine - when the burn finished it opened the dvd - so i may have closed before the finish not sure - i'll check to see

thanks for that

7. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    didn't have a lot of time to sort this out - but still getting the message despite deleting the waiting files -
    I have a closer look next week

8. Blacqwolf

Blacqwolf

I believe the problem you are experiencing is caused by Power2Go. I had an HP computer which came with it, and I experienced several issues, such as the one you're experiencing, and the disk not finalizing properly when burning with Explorer.

9. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    thanks for that , I've download the trail version, and have to say not impressed and had other issues
    I've suggested he gets ashampoo as he wants to burn some mov files onto dvd and this product worked really well for me, from downloading to creating the dvd was a matter of a few minutes - the cyberlink products I have not yet managed to create a working dvd - keeps asking me to upgrade for a different audio codec ......

10. Elvandil

Elvandil

For making DVD's from a video file, I have always had the best luck with DVD Flick. It uses ImgBurn to burn the DVD, which it installs itself (in its own folder, but you can make a shortcut as use it as a standalone program). It uses system codecs but also has some of its own. And it's free. I have never had a complete failure with it, though I have had to remake some due to aspect ratios and such.

11. etaf

First Name:
    Wayne
    Thanks Elvandil that works very well, and has done everything i needed to be able to do .. excellent and free

created a couple of different DVDs and it 100% so that will be great

cheers

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice