burn .pls files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vivianmack

hi. the problem i have is that i have a film on my system but i can't burn it to cd. the file contains .pls files. as i am a beginner i don't understand. i have tried to burn it with nero 8 but no joy. i would appreciate it if somebody could help me:) :)

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi Vivianmack, and welcome to TSG.

I am a bit confused. Your post sounds like you have a video (film) file saved on your computer and that the file has .PLS files inside of it.

The .PLS filename extension usually indicates that the file is a playlist. A playlist is a relatively small file that is just a directory of other files on the computer and it tells a media player what to play next. A playlist file would not be found inside of a video file.

Vivianmack

i have saved all the files to a folder and when i select the folder it then plays the the video on my computer fine but it is made up of 62 seperate .pls files.

Vivianmack

sorry i should explain more. it will only play with a VLC player and not the normal windows player which does not recognise the format.

cwwozniak

Chuck
I have never used VLC player and am not at all familiar with it. I did find this web page that lists supported file types and .PLS does not seem to be among them.

VLC features list
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

What is the size range (in MBytes) of the 62 PLS files?

Vivianmack

each file is 14 M. i signed up to a site in germany called usenext and this is where i got it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online