1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

burned CD cannot be read in another PC

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by kokaik, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

My company has recently bought a new CDRW 16x10x40 and I am using a freeware Nero v 5

My question is all my burned CD cannot be read at my home PC. My old PC is P266mmx. Is this because of it's old?

2. slipe

slipe

Could be that the CD-ROM is not multi-read. Has to be pretty old and 266 doesn’t sound old enough.

Are you formatting the CDs? If you are you aren’t using Nero but InCD which is its packet writing partner. You just have to download Nero’s UDF reader and install it on your home CD if you are using formatted RWs: http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm

If you are using RW but not formatting you are using Nero but the RWs might have too little reflectivity to work in your older CD-ROM. Record to CDR.

Nero is not freeware. The demo will end in 30 days.

3. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

thxs mate,

my CDrw stated there multi read... will try to reformat the CD and see if it works Thank you.

4. slipe

slipe

I’ll try it again: Your home computer needs to have the UDF reader installed to read from the CD-ROM drive if you wrote to a formatted CD.

Reformatting isn’t going to change the reflectivity of your RW disc.

5. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

you are right slipe, formatting doesn't work at all. I'm downloading the UDF reader now and hopes it work...

p/s boy it sure take a long time to format the CD, 1hr!!!

6. slipe

slipe

I wasn’t suggesting you format the CD. I was pointing out that if you were using formatted CDs you needed the UDF reader.

Since you are formatting it means you are using RW. Your home computer CD-ROM drive might be multi-read but still not be able to read RW – uncommon but possible.

If it still doesn’t work with the UDF reader try CDR instead of RW.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59143

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice