1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burned dvd can't be read

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Xynd, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xynd

Xynd Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I have this very annoying problem.
    Many of dvds that I burned can't be read.
    Some as soon as the next day after I burned them, some weeks or months later.
    I always check after finish burning (open all that I burn from the disc) & it's always OK so no failure when burning.
    How to determine for sure if the problem is with my dvd writer or with the blank disc ( I use Mitsubishi dvd-r )

Thank you

2. ibrahim0512

ibrahim0512

What did you use to burn the dvd, The built in windows 7 burner, Imgburn, etc.

And do you mean they can't be read on a dvd player or you computer?

3. Xynd

Xynd Thread Starter

I use Nero
    What I mean can't be read is when I put the disc in my dvdrom the contents simply not show up

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Can the discs be read using the same drive that burned them? If so, you likely have a media compatibility issue. If not, the burner is likely faulty.

5. greenstone9331

greenstone9331

I haven't used Mitsubishi dvd-r but I think you should try some other to see if the problem still exist: free and paid, or google for more options.
    By the way I wonder if you have ever used Windows DVD Maker, maybe you can try if you're running Windows 7/8.

6. Xynd

Xynd Thread Starter

The disc can't be read by the same drive that burned them.
    I never use windows dvdmaker. I use windows xp.
    Is it possible that a faulty burner can result in a disk that OK after finish burned but can't be read the next day?

7. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If the discs can't be read by the drive that burned them, I'd say the drive is faulty.

How do you know the disc was "OK" after burning?

8. andrewballa

andrewballa

yeah.The disc can't be read by the same drive that burned them.I never use windows dvdmaker. I use windows xp.[​IMG]

9. Xynd

Xynd Thread Starter

I know the disc was Ok after burning because everytime I finished burning I open the files from the disc

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice