Burned dvd can't be read

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Xynd

Hi Guys

I have this very annoying problem.
Many of dvds that I burned can't be read.
Some as soon as the next day after I burned them, some weeks or months later.
I always check after finish burning (open all that I burn from the disc) & it's always OK so no failure when burning.
How to determine for sure if the problem is with my dvd writer or with the blank disc ( I use Mitsubishi dvd-r )

Thank you

What did you use to burn the dvd, The built in windows 7 burner, Imgburn, etc.

And do you mean they can't be read on a dvd player or you computer?

Xynd

I use Nero
What I mean can't be read is when I put the disc in my dvdrom the contents simply not show up

Oddba11

Jim
Can the discs be read using the same drive that burned them? If so, you likely have a media compatibility issue. If not, the burner is likely faulty.

I haven't used Mitsubishi dvd-r but I think you should try some other to see if the problem still exist: free and paid, or google for more options.
By the way I wonder if you have ever used Windows DVD Maker, maybe you can try if you're running Windows 7/8.

Xynd

The disc can't be read by the same drive that burned them.
I never use windows dvdmaker. I use windows xp.
Is it possible that a faulty burner can result in a disk that OK after finish burned but can't be read the next day?

Oddba11

Jim
If the discs can't be read by the drive that burned them, I'd say the drive is faulty.

How do you know the disc was "OK" after burning?

yeah.The disc can't be read by the same drive that burned them.I never use windows dvdmaker. I use windows xp.

Xynd

I know the disc was Ok after burning because everytime I finished burning I open the files from the disc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online